The Government of Canada is offering Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program (CCVUSP) delivered entirely online, to learners from CARICOM countries.
Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program (CCVUSP) in Canada, 2019
The Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program serves to enhance the skill sets required to advance the development and sustainability of the CARICOM and seeks to strengthen institutional linkages between Canadian universities and colleges and those in the region.
- Applications Deadline: June 14, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Certificate programs offered by The Government of Canada under the Canada-CARICOM Virtual University.
- Study Subject: The Government of Canada under the Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program (CCVUSP) will offer three programs, delivered entirely online, to learners from CARICOM countries.
Certificate programs offered:
- Certificate in University & College Administration, University of Manitoba (CHERD)
- Certificat en intervention auprès des femmes, Laurentian University(French only)
- Graduate Certificate in Destination Development, Royal Roads University
- Scholarship Award: Funding for the Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program (CCVUSP) is made available by Global Affairs Canada through its legal title: the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The scholarship will cover the costs of tuition for all courses required to complete one of the eligible programs under the Guidelines section. All payments will be made on behalf of the student directly to the Canadian institution at which the student is registered.
CCVUSP is co-administered by the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) and the Canadian Virtual University (CVU).
- Nationality: Citizens of, and living in, an eligible country of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM).
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
- BSIO PhD and MD Scholarships/Positions for International Students in Germany, 2019
- The TY Danjuma Foundation MBA Scholarship for Africans 2019
- 6th Annual International Photo Competition in B&W Child Photography
- PhD Fellowships in Lanthanide Solution Chemistry at University of Copenhagen
- DLR–DAAD Research Fellowships Scholarship for Non-German Citizens in Germany, 2019
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants must be citizens of and living in one of the following countries: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitt’s, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Eligibility requirements for the three certificate programs
- Applicants must be citizens of and living in one of the following countries: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitt’s, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic-level English or French reading and writing skills as required by the university providing the program.
- Applicants already enrolled full-time at another institution are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Successful applicants must be prepared to begin their programs in the fall of 2018 to the spring of 2019. The pace will require full-time attention to complete within one year.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have not previously received a scholarship under the Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program, the Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program, the Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program or the Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program.
Additional eligibility requirements specific to the Graduate Certificate in Destination Development, Royal Roads University
- Applicants must have completed a four-year undergraduate program in a related field with a minimum GPA of B (3.00/4.33) from a post-secondary institution where English was the primary language of instruction.
- Applicants must demonstrate at least two years of relevant work experience within tourism or the hospitality industry.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must demonstrate academic-level English or French reading and writing skills as required by the university providing the program.
How to Apply: Applicants are encouraged to carefully read the instructions below before beginning to fill in the online form. If applicants experience difficulty filling out or submitting the form, they should send an email to scholarships-bourses-at-cbie.ca.
- Complete the online form;
- Individuals who do not have an International Scholarships Canada Application Tool account will first need to Register an account.
- Under the section “For Non-Canadians”, applicants will need to go to the Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program and click on Apply Now.
- Enter data in the fields marked mandatory, following instructions for each item;
- Upload all required supporting documents;
- Upon completion, verify the information entered prior to submission;
- Print the form for their records using the print function in the browser; and
- Click SUBMITS to provide their form electronically to DFATD. A confirmation message and reference number will be provided once their form is submitted.
NOTE: Applicants will have the ability to save their application and complete it at a later time. Both saved and submitted applications will appear on the applicant’s profile homepage.