The new “DLR – DAAD Research Fellowships Scholarship” are now available on offer in the fields of Space, Aeronautics, Energy and Transportation Research. Non-German applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
DLR–DAAD Research Fellowships Scholarship for Non-German Citizens in Germany, 2019
The main objective of this PhD project is to push the boundaries on the automated analysis of humans and their behavior in airborne images and image sequences with novel computer vision methods.
The German Aerospace Center (DLR – DAAD Research Fellowships Scholarship) is the national aeronautics and space research centre of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its extensive research and development work in aeronautics, space, energy, transport, digitalisation and security is integrated into national and international cooperative ventures.
- Applications Deadline: Open until filled
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to doctoral and postdoctoral students as well as senior scientists.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Space, Aeronautics, Energy and Transportation Research.
- Scholarship Award: Fellowship Value
|Type||Monthly Installment||Possible Additional Payments|
(plus allowance for materials of 102 Euros)
|e.g. flat-rate travel allowance, health insurance, family allowances|
- Nationality: Available to Non-German applicants.
- Number of Scholarships: One position is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
- BSIO PhD and MD Scholarships/Positions for International Students in Germany, 2019
- The TY Danjuma Foundation MBA Scholarship for Africans 2019
- 6th Annual International Photo Competition in B&W Child Photography
- PhD Fellowships in Lanthanide Solution Chemistry at University of Copenhagen in Denmark
- Chartered Banker MBA Scholarships at Bangor University in UK, 2019
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This DLR – DAAD Research Fellowships is available to Non-German applicants.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Candidates should have a Master’s or Engineering Degree in Computer Science, Visual Computing or a related discipline. A strong mathematical background and solid programming skills, preferably in Python or C/C++, are required. Previous experience in computer vision, computer graphics, or image processing is highly desirable. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and must have demonstrated the ability to perform independent work. They must also possess excellent communication skills for this DLR – DAAD Research Fellowships.
Experience with deep learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Theano, Caffe, etc. is of advantage.
At the time of their application, applicants for a DLR-DAAD Fellowship must
- Be able to prove their outstanding study or research achievements,
- Type A: have completed their studies or research with a university degree,
- Type B: have completed their studies with a doctorate/PhD/Candidate (Russia),
- Type C: applicants must be working in higher education or at a research institute; positions are open to outstandingly-qualified academics and scientists who should generally hold a doctorate/ Ph.D.,
- Have an excellent knowledge of English, please provide evidence of this through the submission of appropriate language certificates (e.g. TOEFL: 550/217); a knowledge of German is advantageous,
- Have completed their last degree in the last six years (Type A) or have completed their doctorate in the last two years (Type B) or assessed individually according to prerequisites (Type C),
- Not be of German nationality.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have an excellent knowledge of English, please provide evidence of this through the submission of appropriate language certificates (e.g. TOEFL: 550/217); a knowledge of German is advantageous.
How to Apply: Application
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD online portal. You are also requested to send the “Application summary” (pdf file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, by email to dlr-daad-program-at-daad.de. Furthermore, your referees should send the hard copies of the letters of recommendation to the application address by post.