The University of Birmingham is offering Foundation scholarships for international students. Scholarships are available for pursuing four-year integrated Foundation degree programme.
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: August 8, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing four-year integated Foundation degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The University offers two foundation scholarships.
BIA Academic Merit Scholarships: £3,000 scholarships open to all students who meet the criteria listed in the ‘who is eligible to apply’ section above.
BIA Pathway Scholarships: £10,000 scholarships for eligible students applying to the EPS and MLGS pathways (students hoping to study Pharmacy or Biomedical Science at undergraduate level are not eligible).
All scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction and are only applicable to full-time Foundation programmes at the University, starting in September 2018 or January 2019. The scholarship cannot be deferred.
Applicants must be able to cover the additional costs associated with studying at the University of Birmingham, including living costs, travel to the UK and potentially any outstanding tuition fees.
- Nationality: Scholarships are open to international students.
- Number of Scholarships:
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Scholarships for Egyptian Female Students at LUISS School of Government in Italy, 2019
- 600 Suba Pathum Scholarships for Sri Lankan Students, 2019
- GREAT Undergraduate Scholarship for Indian Students at The University of Central Lancashire in UK, 2019
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to international students.
- Entrance Requirements:
All scholarship applicants must:
Hold an offer of admission to an eligible one year or four-year integated Foundation degree programme at the University of Birmingham;
Be studying full-time and on-campus from September 2018 or January 2019 (scholarships cannont be deferred);
Be classified as overseas for fees, i.e expecting to pay the international rate of tuition fees;
Meet any nationality requirements, i.e some scholarships may require you to be a national of a particular country and/or living in a particular country or continent at the time of application;
Not be in receipt of a full fee paying scholarship from any other source;
Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living for a year at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
Be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees that the scholarship does not cover.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
The University considers applicants based on the information provided in the online application form.
The online application form includes general questions about the applicant’s academic background and includes short essay-style questions (250 word limit) about academic and extra-curricular achievement.
Students who firmly accept their offer will be eligible, shortlisted on the basis of academic merit and selected based on their answers to the essay-style questions.
How to Apply:
A link to the online application form is sent automatically via email to eligible students who receive an offer of admission to the Foundation programme for the 2018/19 academic year.